Monday, August 4, 2014

Journey Home- Cheyenne

This part was a longer one, but fun!  We headed out of Lehi and on our way up to WY.  Ah, WY we meet again.  We have quite a past, and to be honest I DON'T LIKE YOU.  But here we are again.  I think we can be civil, right?  And then WY pulls a fast one on me and has the most perfect weather EVER.  THANK GOODNESS.  I was sure this leg of our journey was going to break me.  But I was victorious.

*Dramatic pause*

We drive along and get to Fort Bridger, WY.




Capturing a fort









Fort Bridge is a little off the freeway, but not far.  They charge per adult as you drive in (it was only $4 for me).  And then you can walk around the houses and take the trails to different places.  They have a really nice picnic area to eat at.  We went to the museum which was small but it had a lot of info and there is a kiddie section which was great for the kids.  We took trail to the fort and I bought wooden rifles for the guys (we wanted to get them souvenirs and this was something they would play with rather than some cheap thing from Disneyland or the beach).  They had fun playing and walking around (remember the whole I am making them walk around and drink water thing).  There are a lot of gift shops- like every building has one- but it was the perfect break.

We got back on the road and after explaining there could be no more poking mom in the back of the head with the wooden rifle unless you want to die it was a smooth drive to Cheyenne.  Which bytheway was doing it's Frontier Days which means state fair.  And you West coast peeps don't really understand what this means.  This means eveyone in the state and surrounding areas comes in to Cheyenne and it's a big deal.  Our hotel is right by the fair grounds.  And I start worrying.  There are a lot of people who, not to be judgmental, look like they are going to get drunk tonight.  And I want to sleep.  Remember Winnemucca?  Well, Garett keeps waking up every night not sure where he is or who I am or where everyone else is.  And both Garett and Ryan want to sleep with me which means no room and I keep getting kicked or rolled on.  I really want to sleep.

And this is the one piece of soap we got, for both the bath and sink:


Hahahaha.  Oh dear.  There are also no outlets to plug my phone and tablet into.  Unplug the air or a lamp?  Uh, lamp and then balance my phone by the sink on the coffee maker.  But we can handle it.  We swim at the pool (keep those legs moving boys). Let's go eat at Olive Garden.  Now, I am sure to tell the boys it's going to be a wait because it is Saturday at like 6 or 7 (I don't remember- all these time changes and such).  We get there and WE SIT RIGHT DOWN.  WY I don't know what your motives are but I will take it.  We have a great dinner and go back to the hotel and get in bed.  And- boys I am sleeping with Adam because he doesn't kick or roll on me or wake up at night.  And I hear music but we've got the air going and the "nightlight" aka bathroom light on that has a fan so we sleep.  And I sleep.  And it is wonderful.

WY what are you doing?  Seriously?  Probably the easiest leg of the trip.  I must've gone through a porthole or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment