Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Giving

The kids get so excited about Christmas- the presents and Santa and all the fun things that we do.  Sometimes a little too excited! (like last year when the kids got up at 2am)

One of our traditions is giving a little gift to some of our neighbors and caroling to them.  The boys are starting to actually sing now, so I think we've gotten a little better at it!  This year we did grinch cookies with a little poem about letting our hearts grow with the real meaning of Christmas.  We sang "Jingle Bells" (cop out I know!).  One neighbor lost their cat while we were singing, one asked us who we were (EVERY year she asks that- they live right across the street and we've done this for about 8 years), it was SUPER cold, the Ryan was freaking out about the people owning pets.  Needless to say there was a lot of crying and whining- but we completed our task and came home for some hot chocolate.



The kids like to make gifts for their teachers each year.  This year I completely forgot about teacher gifts until a couple days before school got out so we had to improvise.  I got some fun hot chocolate stuff (including flavoring from the dollar store- hope it tastes good!).  Then the boys colored marshmallows with some food markers to make designer marshmallows or snowmen.  It turned out great!




Then, of course, I had to make some visiting teaching gifts- hot chocolate on a stick.



And we can't forget Ryan's tutor!  This one was fun- I wrapped a diaper box and filled it with food for a family night- soda, pizza toppings, pretzel crust mix I made, cupcake mix and popcorn



Tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment